FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A suspect was arrested in connection with vehicle break-ins that turned into a deadly shooting in Fayetteville last month, police said Friday.
According to the Fayetteville Police Department, the shooting happened on June 8 around 3:30 a.m. in the 3600 block of Dornoch Drive. Rolando Gomez II, 36, was fatally shot during the incident.
Police said they believe two suspects were breaking into vehicles at the apartment complex when the shooting happened.
On Friday, police said 18-year-old Kam’Ron Tolson was taken into custody in connection with the incident. He is charged with first-degree murder, discharging a weapon into occupied property, five counts of breaking and entering into a vehicle, felony possession of stolen goods, and felony conspiracy.
Tolson is being held at the Cumberland County Detention Center without bond, according to Fayetteville police.
Court records show Tolson is scheduled to make his first appearance in Cumberland County Court on July 14 at 2:30 p.m.
Fayetteville police thanked Hoke County Probation/Parole for assisting in the apprehension of Tolson.
The investigation into the shooting remains ongoing. No additional arrests have been announced as of Friday.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Det. A. Wolford at 910-705-2141. Information also be provided anonymously by calling Crime Stoppers at 910-483-8477, submitting an online tip through the website, or downloading the P3 mobile app.



