Press "Enter" to skip to content

WHO ‘deeply concerned’ about Ebola outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo | BBC News

The chief of the World Health Organization (WHO) Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, who declared the outbreak of Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo an international emergency last week, said he was "deeply concerned about the scale and speed of the epidemic".

Officials said more than 513 cases were suspected in the country as of Tuesday, while one person has died in neighbouring Uganda.

It is feared the outbreak may have been ongoing for several weeks before it was first detected on 24 April.

There is no vaccine for the Bundibugyo strain of the virus fuelling the latest rise in cases, but the WHO is evaluating whether other drugs may provide protection.

Subscribe to our channel here: https://bbc.in/bbcnews

For the latest news download the BBC News app or visit BBC.com/news

#Ebola #DemocraticRepublicOfCongo #Outbreak #BBCNews

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x