Donald Trump announced that the United States will deploy an additional 5,000 troops to Poland.
He made the announcement on Truth Social, though he did not provide further details. It is still unclear whether the troops are part of a previously planned Pentagon deployment that had been delayed.
Trump said the decision was influenced by his strong relationship with Polish President Karol Nawrocki.
“Based on the successful Election of the now President of Poland, Karol Nawrocki, who I was proud to endorse, and our relationship with him, I am pleased to announce that the United States will be sending an additional 5,000 troops to Poland,” Trump posted.

The Pentagon has not clarified exactly what Trump meant in his statement. It remains uncertain whether the United States plans to increase the total number of troops stationed in Poland or if it is simply reversing an earlier decision to cancel the deployment of an armored brigade of more than 4,000 troops.
U.S. Troops in Poland
Last week, reports emerged that the United States had paused the deployment of its armored brigade to Poland. Shortly before that, Trump also announced plans to withdraw 5,000 American troops from Germany.
The move sparked strong criticism from U.S. lawmakers, who fear the White House may be reducing support for European allies.
On May 19, the Pentagon announced that the number of U.S. combat brigade groups stationed in Europe would be reduced from four to three.

At the same time, officials said the decision would ‘temporarily delay’ the deployment of American forces to Poland, which they described as ‘a model U.S. ally.’
The Department of War added that the final positioning of these and other U.S. forces in Europe would be determined after further analysis of America’s strategic and operational needs, as well as the ability of allies to contribute to the defense of the European continent.


